Bully Ray is enjoying the greatest run of his professional wrestling career.

The Queens, N.Y. native is a leading performer in Total Nonstop Action Impact Wrestling, who has a live show on Friday at the Mississippi Coast Coliseum. The Biloxi card is part of TNA's The Road to SLAMMIVERSARY World Tour. "SLAMMIVERSARY," a pay-per-view event, will be held on June 2 in Boston.

As the TNA World heavyweight champion, Ray is involved in the organization's top angle. He's President of the heel organization, Aces & Eight, who's battling Hulk Hogan for control of TNA.

Ray defeated Jeff Hardy for the TNA heavyweight title on March 10 after interference from Aces & Eight. The story line will continue at Friday's show on the Coast.

"Winning the world championship is great, but it's greater that I was able to win the title by manipulating Hulk Hogan, Brooke Hogan and Sting," Ray told the Sun Herald last week. "I had this (angle) planned from the beginning."

Ray, whose real name is Mark LoMonaco, has wrestled professionally since 1991. As a child in Queens, Ray was a big wrestling fan and always watched the WWE and WCW televised shows.

"I grew up watching Hogan and Sting," Ray said. "It's a sense of accomplishment when you step into the ring with them. Now, I get to manipulate and ruin their lives."

Before his current run in TNA, Ray was best-known to wrestling fans as part of the former WWE, WCW and ECW tag team champions, the Dudley Boyz, with Devon Hughes. The Dudleys are considered one of the greatest tag teams, winning several titles.

At TNA, Ray's relationship with Hughes has continued. Devon is Sergeant at Arms in Aces & Eight.

"We're the most successful and greatest tag team champions ever," Ray said. "We've won the tag team championship in every organization we've wrestled. We've always been successful. It's great to work with Devon."

Ray plans to enjoy a lengthy run as TNA champion as well make Aces & Eight into a legendary group.

"When it's all said and done, Aces & Eight will be a great faction in the same breath as the Four Horsemen, NWO and D-Generation X," Ray said.

Ray, 41, is looking foward to wrestling at the Coast Coliseum. He's wrestled in the arena over the last three decades with WWE and ECW.

"I've been coming to Biloxi for 20 years," Ray said. "The fans at Biloxi love TNA, are really loud and get right behind the product."

sunherald