Welcome to Universe of Wrestling Forums! Established in 2006!

We hope you enjoy your visits.

To get the full benefits of UOW, please register. It is quick and easy.

Benefits include:
- You can do a lot more on forums than social media sites. - Member only forums.
- Friendly members and staff.
- You lose this welcome at the top of the screen every page.
- A chatbox where you can chat in real time about wrestling or anything else.

A lot more to come as UOW is changing this year.

Click here to register!

Default Dixie Carter Says Hulk Hogan Is More Famous Than The Rock, Talks Rock's Film Work

TNA President Dixie Carter recently spoke to BANG Showbiz, via AZCentral.com, and discussed the importance of Hulk Hogan to TNA. Carter noted that Hogan was the most famous wrestler in the world, and his fame rivals the late Michael Jackson and Elvis Presley.

"He (Hulk) is bigger than any brand, company, name - he is synonymous with wrestling and is probably one of the most recognisable faces or figures on the entire planet. Name me someone who is alive today who'd be more recognisable in any corner of the world? In places like Africa and Asia, or if you were walking in Thailand? Princess Diana or Michael Jackson, Elvis Presley maybe? But they aren't even with us anymore. The Rock?

"Well, if you are walking in a village in Africa would people know who The Rock was? I think his film work has been outstanding. I'm a huge fan of The Rock, I think he is phenomenal, but would that happen?"

WNS

Show me 20 decent performing movies starring Hulk Hogan and I might believe that.

Mid-carder

Dixie will say anything to make Tna seem important. In the end for wrestling Hogan is more important because of its history but as for simple fame more people know how the Rock is. Hogan has really been relivant since what NWO.

Ring Crew

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Show me 20 decent performing movies starring Hulk Hogan and I might believe that.

shit, show me ONE decent one...

The One Who Knocks Embrace Thou Upton's Avatar
    Sat in a car worth less than your shirt holding pistols

5 years ago I would have believed this, as it stands now The Rock is an established and successful actor. He's been in/in a lot of successful movies.
    :upton: :upton: :upton: