Welcome to Universe of Wrestling Forums! Established in 2006!

We hope you enjoy your visits.

To get the full benefits of UOW, please register. It is quick and easy.

Benefits include:
- You can do a lot more on forums than social media sites. - Member only forums.
- Friendly members and staff.
- You lose this welcome at the top of the screen every page.
- A chatbox where you can chat in real time about wrestling or anything else.

A lot more to come as UOW is changing this year.

Click here to register!

Default Reid Flair’s Cause Of Death Revealed – Heroin Overdose

Reid Flair’s death in March was the result of an accidental heroin overdose. TMZ reports that the autopsy report for Flair was released today, which revealed that Flair had traces of clonazepam and Xanax in his system in addition to a lethal amount of heroin.

Reid had previous struggles with heroin, having overdosed a few times in the past couple of years. Reid’s mother spoke on the cause of death following the release of the autopsy report, saying, “I loved him … He should have been on top of the world, but he was fighting a battle he couldn’t win.”

So sad.

Here is the full report from TMZ.com:

Reid Flair — son of wrestling legend Ric Flair — died from an accidental overdose of heroin and other drugs … this according to an official autopsy report released today.

As TMZ previously reported … 25-year-old Flair was pronounced dead on March 29 after his father discovered him out cold in a Charlotte, NC hotel room.

According to the autopsy report … traces of the muscle relaxant clonazepam and Xanax (anti-anxiety medication) were also found in Reid’s system.

Reid — who had just returned from a wrestling stint in Japan — had struggled with heroin in the past … according to several reports, he overdosed 3 times in 2 years.

After the report was released this morning, Reid’s mother told the Charlotte Observer … “I loved him … He should have been on top of the world, but he was fighting a battle he couldn’t win.”

wzr

As you can imagine, the results of Reid Flair's autopsy being revealed has been major news in the Charlotte, NC area where Ric Flair and his family have lived for decades.

The Charlotte Observer featured a big story on the results, which you can read by clicking here.

Reid's mother Beth said that she had suspected a drug overdose and was not surprised by the results. "It (the report) makes it harder," she said. "I knew his fears and I knew how to help him. All he wanted to do was stay busy, train and keep his mind off the old triggers, then go back to Japan. He was doing really well there. He was happy."

Flair had been training and working for All Japan Pro Wrestling. He was only scheduled to be in the United States for a few weeks.

Ric Flair also spoke with the newspaper, commenting, "I loved him. He should have been on top of the world, but he was fighting a battle he couldn’t win. I hope people remember his laugh, his spirit and his love of life."

PWInsider