Justin Timberlake wants to be in a Batman movie, but not as the famed superhero. He’d rather show his bad side.

The pop icon ruled out playing Batman sidekick Robin in the upcoming “Batman vs. Superman” movie on Fresh 102.7’s “Jim & Kim” show, but said he would be interested in playing eccentric villain The Riddler.

“Not a chance in hell. I ain’t playing Robin. I have no aspiration to ever be a superhero in a movie,” he told the radio show.

“Now, a villain! I’ll tell you the villain I want to play more than anything because I grew up loving Batman, funnily enough, is the Riddler. The Riddler is my favorite villain. The Riddler was like a sociopath. He was proper crazy. So if I’m gonna play crazy, I’m wanna play proper crazy.”

Timberlake would have some big shoes to fill. The Riddler was last played by Jim Carrey in 1995’s “Batman Forever,” with Val Kilmer serving as the caped crusader.

He also sang Ben Affleck’s praises, as the announcement that Affleck will play the dark knight in the new film drew massive criticism.

“I think he’s an extreme talent, so he could surprise a lot of people,” he said.

Timberlake will star opposite Affleck in their movie, “Runner, Runner,” premiering in October.

http://variety.com/2013/film/news/ju...er-1200592367/