Daniel Agger has insisted he has no plans to leave Liverpool and is fighting to get back in the team as quickly as possible.

Agger has been left out of Liverpool's last four Premier League games as Brendan Rodgers has kept faith in the three-man central defence of Kolo Toure, Martin Skrtel and Mamadou Sakho.

The 28-year-old remains under contract at Anfield until 2016 and has previously insisted that he will honour his deal despite reported interest from Barcelona in the summer.

And Agger has again moved quickly to reassure fans that he is happy at Anfield and does not want to leave, after fresh speculation surfaced about his future.

Twitter
@DanielAgger

Please stop all the tweets about me leaving! I'm not going anywhere! Will be back in the team soon.

He tweeted: "Please stop all the tweets about me leaving! I'm not going anywhere! Will be back in the team soon."

The latest reports emerged after Agger was quoted as telling television station TV3 Sport in his native Denmark that he was frustrated at not playing and may have to consider moving on.

Asked what could make him leave Liverpool, the 28-year-old said: "First of all, if I don't play. If the manager doesn't think I'm good enough, that could make me leave Liverpool.

"I'm here to play football, nothing else. So if I don't play football, then I don't want to be here anymore."

Agger lost his place in the side due to injury and manager Brendan Rodgers has insisted he will continue to pick the team on merit, saying Skrtel is well suited to the current formation.

"The three at the back plays to his strengths," said the Northern Irishman.

"It allows him to defend and it allows him to simplify things when he has the ball.

"I think in the run of games he's had he's gained confidence and that's meant I've acknowledged and recognised that he's playing at a really good level.

"I've always tried to show my fairness with players. People say 'you don't like this player' or 'you don't like that player' but it's about performance level."

Brendan Rodgers

"I've always tried to show my fairness with players. People say 'you don't like this player' or 'you don't like that player' but it's about performance level.

"If you are playing well, you'll play. If you're not, you'll be in and out of the team.

"I've got an international captain sitting on the bench but that's because I like to think I'm fair and if people are playing well they play. Martin has been outstanding."

Source: Sky Sports