Welcome to Universe of Wrestling Forums! Established in 2006!

We hope you enjoy your visits.

To get the full benefits of UOW, please register. It is quick and easy.

Benefits include:
- You can do a lot more on forums than social media sites. - Member only forums.
- Friendly members and staff.
- You lose this welcome at the top of the screen every page.
- A chatbox where you can chat in real time about wrestling or anything else.

A lot more to come as UOW is changing this year.

Click here to register!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

That was an all around ugly super bowl. The game, half time show, refs. Just terrible. I'm glad Steelers won, but that can't hang with the last 4 bowls.

Ok i think everyone would agree that this was no classic game and up until halftime it could have gone either way,But all that statistics will reveal is that the Steelers beat the Seahawks and went on to join that exclusive group of teams that has won 5 Superbowls..
    'Without Order Nothing Can Exist - Without Chaos Nothing Can Grow'

im the son of rage & love shakie's Avatar

I think its the awomest thing ever. this is the first superbowl ive seen with the steelers in it, and im pleased to see them win it.
    Quote Originally Posted by aim
    the WTFer: you watch WAY TO FUCKING MUCH TV ice guy
    lce tyrant: and you dont watch enough! go! go and rot that tiny brain of yours to nothing like i have
    Quote Originally Posted by green day
    I'm the son of rage and love
    The Jesus of Suburbia
    From the bible of none of the above
    On a steady diet of

soda pop and Ritalin
    No one ever died for my
    sins in hell
    As far as I can tell
    At least the ones I got away with

And there's nothing wrong with me
    This is how I'm supposed to be
    In a land of make believe
    That don't believe in me
    sig to go here later

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixsplash
    ^ yes, the ball did get over, but he was NOT down. and as you can clearly see in te replay, he was down, and untucked the ball, and then stretced is rm out, over the goal line. i d steeler fans at my house, and even they said te ball didnt get into the endzone.

D-Jack was just trying to get his arm up, and ten the defender pushed off of him. the refs wanted to see that fat ass jerome bettis win one, and i for one am ashamed of the NFL officiating in this game.

Seems like it's time for a rule book refresher course. As long as any part of the ball crosses the goal line it's a touchdown, whether the player is down or not. Secondly, if an offensive receiver pushes off of a defender using his forearm it is not pass interferance. However, if the offensive receiver extends his arm fully and pushes away the defender, then that is called offensive pass interferance. If everyone actually knew the rules of football, there would be less whining about the officials and more enjoyment of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Flair Country
    If everyone actually knew the rules of football, there would be less whining about the officials and more enjoyment of the game.
    wat i dont understand, is IF the bal was over, y was the ref at first running, signaling the ball was down at the 1 yard, and then after roethlisberg puled the ball out from under his balls, and then moved it, and THEN all for a TD. look at that replay, theres no evidence he made it over officially. the interference call was BS, the both of them were tangled up, if its not ONE players fault, let them play ref. i would of trusted stevie wonder more as a ref than levie, or watever that refs name was.

so much for that TD...

this article basically proves my pint, and its by someone obviously pro-steeler, anti-seattle http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2...bayless/060205
    Last edited by phoenixsplash; 02-07-2006 at 02:29 AM.

Listen bro I understand you're upset and all, but YOU yourself said that the ball went over the goal line before Rothlesburger hit the ground. As far as the pass interferance goes, let's say it was BS and give Seattle the TD. Final score of Super Bowl XL: Steelers 21 Seattle 17. Steelers still win, case closed.

Quote Originally Posted by Flair Country
    Listen bro I understand you're upset and all, but YOU yourself said that the ball went over the goal line before Rothlesburger hit the ground. As far as the pass interferance goes, let's say it was BS and give Seattle the TD. Final score of Super Bowl XL: Steelers 21 Seattle 17. Steelers still win, case closed.
    then i watched the replay on ESPN.com, and i saw no evidence that ball went over. plus, those phantom holding penaltys that would have gotten us inside the ten a couple of times killed the hawks, plus the holding calls on the ount returns killed us. the better team didnt win, look at the season stats, the season record, and the game stats. yeah, i am a bit ofa sore loser, but im sure if you were in my position, you would be to. anyone who said the officating couldnt of swung the game around, is living a lie.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12