Former TNA star Christopher Daniels says TNA told him they were moving in a "different direction" with the talent roster, which led to TNA not renewing his contract after a face-to-face meeting in April.

"The way it was explained to me, they said they wanted to leave the door open to do stuff in the future. But at this point, they couldn't continue to keep me under contract if they weren't going to use me as regularly as that. Who knows what will happen in the future? I'm not sure what their plans are," Daniels told reporter Aaron Oster for the Baltimore Sun.

Daniels said he was "disappointed" by TNA's decision, especially ending his TV run with Kazarian as Bad Influence. He's also interested to see how the locker room is affected by TNA's roster turnover.

"It's sort of a 'wait-and-see' approach there, man. Every company makes decisions that may or may not be popular with the locker room, but you have to see how it turns out. And I think that's what everyone is doing, waiting to see how everything lands and continue to put out the best product that they can once they see the lay of the land," Daniels said.

As for his future in wrestling, Daniels said he's filling up his schedule with independent dates, is open to returning to Ring of Honor, is keeping an eye on what Jeff Jarrett's Global Force Wrestling will be about, and does not plan to retire from wrestling.

"I'm still solely focused on wrestling. I'm still doing good work, and I can compete at a top level. I'm not looking to wind down any time soon,"