Welcome to Universe of Wrestling Forums! Established in 2006!

We hope you enjoy your visits.

To get the full benefits of UOW, please register. It is quick and easy.

Benefits include:
- You can do a lot more on forums than social media sites. - Member only forums.
- Friendly members and staff.
- You lose this welcome at the top of the screen every page.
- A chatbox where you can chat in real time about wrestling or anything else.

A lot more to come as UOW is changing this year.

Click here to register!

Default CM Punk's Friend Says He's Retired

Natalie Slater, a close friend of CM Punk, posted a column for Red Eye Chicago titled, "My friend is famous, and it sucks." Without mentioning him by name, Slater writes:

“My friend can’t go to Target. He can’t go to Great America, the grocery store or any mall anywhere. It’s been a long time since I’ve seen him escape a restaurant without getting Instagrammed by diners at nearby tables. People mob him in the airport and tweet angrily when he doesn’t stop to sign autographs because he has a flight to catch. My friend is famous, and it sucks.”

She also discussed her friend getting mobbed everywhere:

"Now, he's the recently retired seven-time World Champion, and he's one of the most isolated people I've ever known. A few weeks ago he found a young fan and his mom cramming Easter candy into the mail slot of his front door. Just before that, he walked out of his back door to throw out the trash only to be met by fans camped out in his alley for hours just to see him."

She added that seeing him has "bastardized" her childhood notions of fame, and that she's "secretly glad it's him and not me."

The rest of the column looks at what celebrities have to go through for the price of fame. You can check it out here.

Yeah, it does suck to be famous in the idea that many 'fans' don't respect the person enough to give them space, respect their right to a peaceful life, and not be stalked.
    CM Punk may have walked away from wrestling, but he will carry that fame with him.
    And as far as being 'retired' goes, I don't think that in his stage of life it is a done deal.
    We could always see interest renewed or see him enticed to come back.

He's done, DEAL WITH IT.

:batista:

Travicity

Good.

Main Eventer

Quote Originally Posted by Stryker View Post
    He's done, DEAL WITH IT.
    I don't think so. I do believe he has/had some serious mental/burn out like symptons and really needed to rest physically and mentally.
    The thing with this sort of conditions is, you complain about everything, the fun disappears even from things you normally love to do and it affects every situation and emotion in life.

To make a long statement short - imo, CM Punk is surely NOT done with WWE.

Around Summerslam or Royal Rumble entree #30, doesn't matter

Considering the source Im calling BS . If my Ex-girlfreind calls herself a close friend and post something about me don't believe it .

Quote Originally Posted by Slayer_X View Post
    Considering the source Im calling BS . If my Ex-girlfreind calls herself a close friend and post something about me don't believe it .
    She did a lot of interviews about him, even for the DVD that WWE put out. I think he wore her shirt in a street fight vs Chris Jericho at Extreme Rules a few years back. I'd say the source is legit.

I hate it when celebs bitch about being famous.

Main Eventer

Quote Originally Posted by Kage View Post
    I hate it when celebs bitch about being famous.
    Everybody thinks it's good to be famous (CM Punk may knew being World Champion in WWE may getting him recognized everywhere he goes..) but only few can deal with it after fans knock on their door or, in Punks case, camp outside to say 'hi' when he carries out the garbage..guess Cena has his own security service

Quote Originally Posted by muzi View Post
    Everybody thinks it's good to be famous (CM Punk may knew being World Champion in WWE may getting him recognized everywhere he goes..) but only few can deal with it after fans knock on their door or, in Punks case, camp outside to say 'hi' when he carries out the garbage..guess Cena has his own security service
    Do you realize how much free stuff famous people get? They make all this money then no one wants to take it from them. Dealing with people who love them is their only concern in life.

Quote Originally Posted by Stryker View Post
    He's done, DEAL WITH IT.

:batista:
    Lol ... never say never with Punk.