Welcome to Universe of Wrestling Forums! Established in 2006!

We hope you enjoy your visits.

To get the full benefits of UOW, please register. It is quick and easy.

Benefits include:
- You can do a lot more on forums than social media sites. - Member only forums.
- Friendly members and staff.
- You lose this welcome at the top of the screen every page.
- A chatbox where you can chat in real time about wrestling or anything else.

A lot more to come as UOW is changing this year.

Click here to register!

Default CM Punks conttact officially expires this month and what the WWE might do

CM Punk's contract with WWE officially expires in July with some sources quoting it to end on or around 17th of this month.

It will be interesting to see what WWE will do, some speculate they may resign Punk for up to one year enforcing a clauses which is written into talent contracts that stipulates the company has the option to extend a wrestlers contract if they have not performed for an extended period of time. In the case of Rey Mysterio, WWE Chairman Vince McMahon was reportedly behind extending his due to time he missed through injury.

If WWE decides to keep Punk under contract for another year it doesn't necessarily mean he has to return to television, simply it's a business move to stop Punk going to rival promotions and competing.

I don't think Punk is actually interested in wrestling right now. He is resting up, seems to be working out and getting into better shape. If he can get to where AJ Lee is right now that will be impressive. I don't know if the big spotlight of the WWE will keep him from wanting to go to a lesser promotion, but I hope so. I think having Punk around is a plus for the company and for the fans. Time will tell if Punk will return and if it will be on good enough terms that they don't try burying him.

Thing is, if WWE decide to extend his contract, I am sure it says he can not perform at any other promotion. I could be wrong but it will be interesting to see what WWE does with this situation.