Welcome to Universe of Wrestling Forums! Established in 2006!

We hope you enjoy your visits.

To get the full benefits of UOW, please register. It is quick and easy.

Benefits include:
- Member only forums.
- Friendly members and staff.
- You lose this welcome at the top of the screen every page.
- A chatbox where you can chat in real time about wrestling or anything else.

A lot more to come as UOW is changing this year.

Click here to register!

Default *UPDATED* WWE remove all references to Michael Sam

After pushing the idea very hard on Monday's Raw and the day after online, WWE has removed all references of their invitation to NFL player Michael Sam from their website.

While WWE received a ton of mainstream media attention for their offer of an open forum for Sam, the first openly gay college football player after he was cut from the St. Louis Rams.

Unfortunately for WWE, The Dallas Cowboys began showing interest in Sam, who is expected to be added to their practice squad, should he pass a physical.

*UPDATE*

Michael Sam has signed with the Dallas Cowboys practice squad so WWE's foray into getting him on Raw is officially over.

*UPDATE*

WWE published the following on their website: "WWE.com offers its congratulations to defensive end Michael Sam on joining the Dallas Cowboys practice squad."

Just because the man is gay should have no effect on whether he gets attention in the media, including WWE, or how many job offers or cuts he may receive in the NFL. The guy's talent and level of play is all they are considering when it comes to football, I guarantee you that. I'm sure there are plenty of players that are gay but choose to keep that part of their lives private. I'm actually ashamed of the WWE for trying to take advantage of Sam by exploiting the fact that he is gay and was cut to try and boost their ratings. It's shameful, and I'm glad Sam didn't both with the WWE and instead focused on his career as a professional would do.

Michael Sam has signed with the Dallas Cowboys practice squad so WWE's foray into getting him on Raw is officially over.

Good, not that I ever believed they had a chance to get him to appear. What did they expect, him to trash talk the NFL and still expect to get a job there again?

I am curious why they even did the invitation publicly. This sounds more like publicity for WWE.

WWE published the following on their website: "WWE.com offers its congratulations to defensive end Michael Sam on joining the Dallas Cowboys practice squad."