For me... It's an idea with tons of potential on paper. Looks like a fun midcard group that would have a solid 2 year run before using it as fodder to turn Knux into a monster heel, and having the rest of the group go along their merry way.

But man... who the fuck wrote this shit?

It started out a cool, albeit long winded, serious story about Knux coming back to the family carnival, trying to make amends for the past. Getting money together to save the amusement park. While Rebel, heavily hinted to be his sister, but most likely just a blood relative, serving as a bridge between him and his dad (?, right? I can't honestly remember. It was either his dad or uncle or grandpa, maybe all three with the way this was written) to try to make, previously said, amends. Honestly, I wasn't a real big fan of this part just because it was a tad too serious, had heavy stabs of dramatic, almost soap opera like storytelling, and really wouldn't work into a storyline without changing a lot of stuff.

And boy did they ever...

Fast forward... The Menagerie is a sometimes on, sometimes off group where at this point, only certain members are highlighted week to week. Knux doesn't get enough time to wrestle week to week, even though he's the centerpiece of the stable. Rebel is now his love interest, even though she started out as his sister. Crazzy Steve was the breakout star of the group, and pretty much hasn't been on TV consistently either, in a while. And The Freak would be awesome muscle IF HE DID ANYTHING AT ALL. The group only makes a passing reference to making money to save the carnival/amusement park from time to time...

In lamens terms... This is bad writing... but I happen to like everybody in there... In my opinion, both the talent and the idea for the Menagerie are slowly being wasted by a seriously inconsistent writer.

The question is... Is the Menagerie worth salvaging. What do you change. Do you define the storyline or just abort it...

What does the Universe of Wrestling Forum have to say about the Menagerie?