Welcome to Universe of Wrestling Forums! Established in 2006!

We hope you enjoy your visits.

To get the full benefits of UOW, please register. It is quick and easy.

Benefits include:
- You can do a lot more on forums than social media sites. - Member only forums.
- Friendly members and staff.
- You lose this welcome at the top of the screen every page.
- A chatbox where you can chat in real time about wrestling or anything else.

A lot more to come as UOW is changing this year.

Click here to register!

Default R.I.P: News on Connor "The Crusher" Michalek being awarded the WWE Warrior Award

NOTE: This thread contains news stories, videos and images.

On a personal note from LionDen, I did not know that Connor had passed away. I knew he was at the Wrestlemania 30 show last year and saw the backstage episode of that PPV with Connor on WWE's new show "WWE 24".

I personally, as with many others I have spoken to was saddened by this news and I will admit it brought a tear to my eye. I am so pleased he got his wish to come true weeks before his passing and as always, the WWE Superstars and Divas did not disappoint.

Connor being awarded the WWE Warrior Award at the 2015 WWE Hall of Fame is very well deserved and I will even say the most deserving recipient ever to receive a award at the Hall of Fame. His love of wrestling even at such a sad stage of his life is nothing but encouraging and shows a strength to us all.

I would like to wish Connor's family, friends and all fans my and UOWFoirums condolences and prayers for this great little guy. Our thoughts are with you all.

R.I.P Connor "The Crusher" Michalek

WWE released the following:

WWE® FAN CONNOR MICHALEK TO RECEIVE FIRST-EVER “WARRIOR AWARD” AT 2015 WWE HALL OF FAME

STAMFORD, Conn., – March 9, 2015 – Connor Michalek, a Pittsburgh native and passionate WWE fan who passed away last year from cancer, will be the first-ever recipient of The Warrior Award, which will be presented each year at the WWE Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony. The Warrior Award will be given to someone who has exhibited unwavering strength and perseverance, and who lives life with the courage and compassion that embodies the indomitable spirit of WWE Hall of Famer, The Ultimate Warrior. This year, the award will be presented by The Ultimate Warrior’s widow, Dana Warrior, and WWE Superstar Daniel Bryan™ to Steve Michalek, Connor’s father.

WWE honors Conner.

The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette featured a piece on the late Conner Michalek being awarded the WWE Warrior Awards at the 2015 WWE Hall of Fame:

Connor Michalek and his hero, WWE Superstar Daniel Bryan.

WWE honors Connor Michalek, Hampton child who died, with 'Warrior' award

Connor Michalek of Hampton was so resilient, sweet and inspiring in his four-year battle against a rare tumor that affected his brain and spinal cord that the passionate professional wrestling fan melted the hearts of WWE superstars, divas, executives and fans alike.

Connor, who died at 8 years old in April 2014, was so special to the WWE that he has been named the first-ever recipient of “The Warrior Award,” which will be presented annually at the WWE Hall of Fame induction ceremony. The announcement was made during “Monday Night Raw,” which was broadcast live from Consol Energy Center.

Each year the award will honor “someone who has exhibited unwavering strength and perseverance, and who lives life with the courage and compassion that embodies the indomitable spirit of the late WWE Hall of Famer, The Ultimate Warrior,” the WWE said.

This year, the award will be presented by The Ultimate Warrior’s widow, Dana Warrior, and WWE Superstar (and Connor’s hero) Daniel Bryan to Steve Michalek, Connor’s father.

Connor Michalek of Hampton was so resilient, sweet and inspiring in his four-year battle against a rare tumor that affected his brain and spinal cord that the passionate professional wrestling fan melted the hearts of WWE superstars, divas, executives and fans alike.

Connor, who died at 8 years old in April 2014, was so special to the WWE that he has been named the first-ever recipient of “The Warrior Award,” which will be presented annually at the WWE Hall of Fame induction ceremony. The announcement was made during “Monday Night Raw,” which was broadcast live from Consol Energy Center.

Each year the award will honor “someone who has exhibited unwavering strength and perseverance, and who lives life with the courage and compassion that embodies the indomitable spirit of the late WWE Hall of Famer, The Ultimate Warrior,” the WWE said.

This year, the award will be presented by The Ultimate Warrior’s widow, Dana Warrior, and WWE Superstar (and Connor’s hero) Daniel Bryan to Steve Michalek, Connor’s father.

“Connor Michalek had a profound impact on so many people,” said Stephanie McMahon, WWE chief brand officer. “His spirit and love of life were so strong, you would have never known he was sick.

“I can think of no better way to honor Connor than by recognizing him with our highest honor, the first fan to be inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame, as a Warrior.”

WWE’s mutual love affair with Connor began in 2013 during a show at Consol when he was given superstar treatment backstage and he met his hero, Mr. Bryan. The next year, he was invited to Wrestlemania in New Orleans, as a special WWE guest.

There, the superstars treated him like royalty, cheering him in the ring before the doors to the Superdome opened to the public. Later, Mr. Bryan won the heavyweight title and rushed to Connor in the front row and hugged the little boy who had become his hero.

Three weeks later, Connor died.

Ms. McMahon and her husband, Paul “Triple H” Levesque , a WWE executive vice president, were so touched by Connor’s life that they launched “Connor’s Cure,” a fund dedicated to furthering pediatric cancer research at Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh of UPMC. The website is www.givetochildrens.org/home.

The WWE also produced a video of Connor that is shown on WWE broadcasts, introducing fans to a little boy who lived his all-too-short life as a warrior.

“My family is forever grateful for the gift that WWE, its Superstars, Divas and executives gave to Connor,” said Mr. Michalek in a release. “They made him smile and encouraged him to continue fighting.

“His visits backstage, and his time in the ring with Daniel Bryan, brought Connor true joy and undoubtedly extended his life, giving us more time with him. Now, with this award and Connor’s Cure, Connor’s legacy will live on.”

Original article can be found by clicking here.

Daniel Bryan embraces Conner after his win at Wrestlemania 30.

Dana Warrior, who will presenting the award, wrote the following on the Facebook page of The Ultimate Warrior:

WARRIORS LOVE CRUSHERS!!!

The girls and I are truly overwhelmed and honored by WWE's creation of THE WARRIOR AWARD. My heart bursts with technicolor joy that a warrior such as Connor will be the inaugural inductee. His passion and vibrancy in the way he tackled life is a testament to his warrior spirit. It is not how big the body nor how long the life is lived...it is all about the living of the days you are given and how those days touch others around you.

Connor was a glorious example of the impact a little warrior can have in this world. I have no doubt when Connor reached heaven my husband shook the ropes to welcome him home. I could not be more honored to help induct Connor the Crusher into the Class of 2015 Hall of Fame.

This is a moment I will treasure forever...these are the things that make me glad to be alive....This is why I believe...ALWAYS!!!!!

xo Dana

HaHaHa Triple H. Well Done Connor

For those interested, here is streaming videos of WWE's new series WWE 24.

WWE24 takes you behind the scenes of some of the biggest WWE Pay Per Views in WWE histor

This episode concentrates on Wrestlemania 30 behind the scenes and has a lot of content about Connor.

Title: Pilot
    Air Date: January 26, 2015
    (S01E01)

[bs]wwq0hogu679n[/bs]

OR

[tf]lbpy6z09v4kt[/tf]

Important Information:

If the video starts to buffer, please click pause and wait a few minutes and then click play.

Tons more wrestling weekly shows, PPVs, matches and wrestling clips can be found on UOWForums clicking here. Must be registered to view.

LOW Consultant/Matchmaker The Anthority's Avatar

Brought tears in my eyes.
    Connor deserves that award so much and entering the Hall Of Fame as the 1st fan and in the same class that Schwarzenegger is, that's pretty impressing too.
    "The Impact Player" Anthony Leonhart
    LOW X-Factor Champion (current) - LOW United States Champion (1x)
    WINS : 03 - LOSSES : 04 - NO CONTEST : 01

"The Heartslayer" Taryn Torres
    LOW Vixens Champion (1x)
    WINS : 03 - LOSSES : 01 - NO CONTEST : 00

Am so glad he will get in the HOF I only wish he had won the fight to be there in person as well as in spirit when inducted

[23-10, 07:14] LionDen: i am never retiring again

Quote Originally Posted by The Anthority View Post
    Brought tears in my eyes.
    Connor deserves that award so much and entering the Hall Of Fame as the 1st fan and in the same class that Schwarzenegger is, that's pretty impressing too.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoool View Post
    Am so glad he will get in the HOF I only wish he had won the fight to be there in person as well as in spirit when inducted

Well said More pics will be coming soon from Wrestlemania 30.

Late at night here and was rewatching the videos because they make me feel good and sad. Love the way he told AJ to "stop the craziness" :lmao:

Connors Cure is a great thing. Having my own mother die of cancer last year at 88, I know how this horrible disease can affect us all. To have children like Connor die of this at aged 8 is just unimaginable. I have donated to the cause and if you can, please do also. No need to tell us if you do not want to, just do it from your heart for these families and the wonderful children.

LINK: Connors Cure

P.S. I have gone through and changed my misspelling of Connors name as I spelt it Conner lol but my heart was with him. Sorry Crusher