Welcome to Universe of Wrestling Forums! Established in 2006!

We hope you enjoy your visits.

To get the full benefits of UOW, please register. It is quick and easy.

Benefits include:
- You can do a lot more on forums than social media sites. - Member only forums.
- Friendly members and staff.
- You lose this welcome at the top of the screen every page.
- A chatbox where you can chat in real time about wrestling or anything else.

A lot more to come as UOW is changing this year.

Click here to register!

Angry Gov. To Seize Family Land Near Area 51

Alien body storage? Secret weapons research? Dry lake beds? Well now you can add government harassment and a long-time family owned lead and silver mine into the mix of mysteries surrounding the famed area 51.
    The Groom Mine, which has been in the Sheahan family for 130 years, has reportedly been continuously harassed at the government’s behest since the 1950’s. From long drawn out legal battles that drained the family’s finances to driving away perspective business partners and investors. Barbara Sheahan-Manning, the mine’s current co-owner, has claimed that bombs were dropped on the property destroying key structures, an event that ultimately led to the mine’s closure so many years ago.

In recent years the Sheahan’s claim live rounds have been fired over their property and the land surrounding the property has been bought out with sentries posted to prevent the family from returning to the mine, a metaphorical island in the middle of hostility.

They placed a security shack on the road that our grandfather built, for access to our own property, and started requiring us to go through their checkpoints in order to gain access.” said Sheahan-Manning.

The family claims that they have been patient and fair, keeping their silence for nearly 6 decades. They understand the work is important and top secret, and they want nothing to do with disturbing that work, but they have been made to feel like cattle in a slaughterhouse. The final insult? They have been forced to choose between a $5.2 million buyout of the property, which covers nearly 400 acres, or have the land condemned and seized through eminent domain. The Sheahans have until Sep. 10 to accept the offer or face forced abandonment.

I’m sure at times we have all felt a little claustrophobic when dealing with threats, especially from police or the government, and these claims are extreme, but what would you do if the land your family toiled with and died on was being surreptitiously snatched from beneath your feet?

The military’s response to the claims of harassment can be summed up as much: they have worked very hard for a very long time and have continuously displayed good neighborly behavior, but they need the Sheahan family to make a decision, and this is their final offer.

Mission cancellations on the NTTR due to incompatible land use cost millions of dollars per year,” said Col. Thomas Dempsey, Commander, Nevada Test and Training Range Wing.

These lost opportunities and delays result in increased national security costs to the taxpayer.

BOW DOWN TO THE KING

***GAME OVER!***

DON'T GIE'A FUCK the madscotsman's Avatar

Why isn't more being made about this publicly? The military can't just force people out of their homes. Surely that's unconstitutional.

Quote Originally Posted by the madscotsman View Post
    Why isn't more being made about this publicly? The military can't just force people out of their homes. Surely that's unconstitutional.
    They can, and they do. The government and law enforcement agencies can basically take whatever they want from citizens because of a shit law called "civil forfeiture".
    Though I'm guessing they're not enforcing it here in this case, but I never knew about it until I saw an episode of Last Week, Tonight with John Oliver. It blew my mind. Here's the video:

BOW DOWN TO THE KING

***GAME OVER!***

That is frightening.

That is frightening.
    Very scary shit. It's already happened several times in my area.

BOW DOWN TO THE KING

***GAME OVER!***

Why don't people make this public. And try to get it changed.

Why don't people make this public. And try to get it changed.
    Too lazy, or don't care

BOW DOWN TO THE KING

***GAME OVER!***