J.R. On Kurt Angle - Again

Jim Ross has posted another blog entry where he talks more about Kurt Angle going to TNA. He addresses Angle saying he was held back and even says that he hears there are conflict of interest issues in TNA. He also discusses Vince Russo going to TNA, the old ECW, and more.

J.R.'s Blog: Still Responding to Emails

We are burning daylight so let’s get started:

Kurt Angle- This matter is really getting a great deal of feedback and may be borderline over analyzed. Kurt needed time off to deal issues he has throughly discussed on his own website. As I understand it the WWE and Kurt mutually agreed to release Kurt so he could heal physically and mentally and then puruse other options including coming back to the WWE if he was healthy and chose to. No one betrayed anyone here. Kurt needed to step away from the WWE and heal. It was that simple. For anyone to say Kurt was “held back” is a little far fetched to me. Kurt made a ton of money in the WWE and earned a worldwide reputation. What else was he supposed to do while in the WWE? This business is about making cash, plain and simple. Kurt made big money and got famous in the WWE. He deserved all his accolades and the rewards that went with them. TNA is not going to become an overnight sensation with or without Kurt Angle. One man does not a company make. I perceive and am told that there are conflicts of interest issues in TNA but that’s hearsay because I am not there. I hope everyone in TNA are all successful and finally reach profitability.

Vince Russo in TNA- I wish him the best. I have no ax to grind with Russo. We have not always agreed philosophically but that doesn’t necessarily make either of us wrong. Russo has had some excellent concepts in the past. Perhaps he can re-generate those types of ideas in TNA. Time will tell. The question is can Russo comfortably write reality based story lines and stay creatively stimulated. I think the trend is going back to in ring drama and physicality but that may just be my wishful thinking.

The WWE has had numerous talks with Sting over the years but Sting was never overly interested in working anything but a part time schedule at the time. Sting is a class act and a talented, good man.

The old ECW is dead. It has been buried. It will not be returning which I think is a good thing. The new ECW has the chance to be successful for years and keep their wrestlers healthy. The old ECW physically gobbled up wrestlers and broke them down to shells of themselves. I like the new ECW. I enjoyed the old ECW, too, but its time has passed.

ROH- I don’t see enough of the Ring of Honor to accurately comment on their group. I read about them from time to time and do respect their passion. Their wrestlers really work hard. Got to love that.

Undertaker quit? I sure as hell hope not. Not only is Taker a great Superstar but he is one of the greatest leaders in the locker room that this business has ever seen. I know of no one in the business I respect more than The Undertaker.

Tag Team Wrestling- In virtually every area of the world I get a chance to preview, tag team wrestling in general is not good. Not enough guys are setting their goals to be a part of a great team as the big money is in singles matches.

If you want to be a writer in the WWE contact the WWE Human Resources department and if you get hired be ready to work 6-7 days a week.

Bryan Danielson- I have no idea if Bryan is the best in the world but drawing money is a criteria as to who is the best in the world and not simply being a sound technician.

Does Vince McMahon own TNA? Not hardly. But who knows, he might some day.

Is Eric Bischoff coming back to WWE TV- Your guess is as good as mine and I spoke to Eric Tuesday in Tulsa and he did not know then.

JBL- The man himself told me he was planning on staying with Smackdown for the foreseeable future. JBL is a good talker and does a nice job on Friday nights with his colorful commentary and making Michael Cole’s life challenging.

NWO-I don’t know where all the NWO/DX stuff is coming from but I would seriously doubt that this will ever happen to where the nWo comes to the WWE and if, and that’s a big if, it would not be long term. My money says it won’t happen. it might be fun for a while to see it but it isn’t likely to happen but I could be wrong.

Does J.R. ever want to become a manager? NO…thanks.
Can we ship our products abroad or throughout the world? Absolutely. Check out our store and when it is operable it will tell you exactly what you need to do to get us to ship right to your door.