In Dublin for tomorrow’s UFC card, welterweight contender Rory MacDonald spoke to MMAJunkie’s Mike Bohn about recent UFC debutant Sage Northcutt, who has started training with him at Tristar Gym in Montreal, Quebec, Canada. Northcutt is bursting onto the scene as young prospect much in the same way MacDonald did, so the comparisons are only natural. So, what does “The Red King” thing of “Super” Sage?

"I was pretty much in the exact spot he was, I went to Montreal when I was about 20 years old. I’ll help him out as much as possible, and really it’s up to him. It’s an individual sport, and he seems like a hard worker and he’s focused, so I think with his natural athleticism, his hard-working attitude—I think he has a very bright future."

[…]

"He’s got great potential; the UFC definitely scooped up a bright kid,” MacDonald said. “It’s exciting. I’m happy he came to Tristar. It was a great experience learning from him and his father. I was asking them questions, and they were showing me some things. I had a great time with them."

Sage Northcutt fights Cody Pfister at UFC Fight Night: VanZant vs. Calderwood on December 10th in Las Vegas. The card is a UFC Fight Pass exclusive and kicks off a weekend that also includes the finale to The Ultimate Fighter season 22 and UFC 194: Aldo vs. McGregor.