Last month, as part of the UFC press conference kicking off the “go big” season of cards that’s closing 2015, Conor McGregor stole the show by introducing the concept of “red panty night” to MMA. When he started going off about moving up to lightweight to fight the winner of the Rafael Dos Anjos vs. Donald “Cowboy” Cerrone title fight that takes place in December, he turned his attention to current champion Dos Anjos. “I can make you rich. I’ll change your bum life. When you sign to fight me, it’s a celebration. You ring back home, you ring your wife: ‘Baby, we’ve done it. We’re rich, baby. Conor McGregor made us rich. Break out the red panties.’”

A few weeks later, Chael Sonnen, considered by many to be the UFCs’ best trash talker before McGregor came along (and Sonnen retired after testing positive for numerous performance enhancing drugs last year) chimed in with this:

Conor Library called. You eventually hafta bring my playbook back. http://t.co/3rAE4pZvok pic.twitter.com/IpQR8Xo4op

— Chael Sonnen (@sonnench) October 12, 2015

Yes, he’s selling a “Red Panty Night” t-shirt at his Bad Guy Inc. website, and he proceeded to tear into McGregor to try to get publicity to hype the shirts. Sonnen actually went a step further than that, as he made sure to file a trademark for “Red Panty Night” before he listed the shirt. It should be interesting to see if there’s any fallout there, as one of the reasons Ronda Rousey’s “Rowdy Ronda, Inc.” rushed to file trademarks for all variations of “DNB” in August was that they were beaten to the punch on “The Four Horsewomen.”