Sean Waltman is no stranger to dealing with the size issue in the wrestling industry, particularly in WWE. The former nWo and D-X member recently spoke to WrestleTalk TV about Daniel Bryan’s recent issues with size in WWE.

“I went through a lot of the same things. It’s a personal thing. You can’t fault somebody for having perfect personal preference. What did it for Vince was a big guy with a great physique, clean cut. He’s had to let this thing go, but Vince hates tattoos.”

Waltman went on to use Bret Hart as an example of someone who by boxing and MMA standards would be considered a heavyweight, but in WWE, was one of the smaller champions in the history of the company.

“It kind of reminds me of Bret a little bit. Bret was always Vince’s standby guy. When he went with Lex Luger, that didn’t pan out. Part of it wasn’t Lex’s fault. When you put a guy in red, white and blue and put him on a bus and say ‘this is our guy!’ No it’s not! That always fell back on Bret. I would resent that, like I’m the second choice all the time. Good ol’ standy Bret will always be there. Kind of like Daniel, cause Daniel is smaller. They’re forced to listen to the people.”