Welcome to Universe of Wrestling Forums! Established in 2006!

We hope you enjoy your visits.

To get the full benefits of UOW, please register. It is quick and easy.

Benefits include:
- You can do a lot more on forums than social media sites. - Member only forums.
- Friendly members and staff.
- You lose this welcome at the top of the screen every page.
- A chatbox where you can chat in real time about wrestling or anything else.

A lot more to come as UOW is changing this year.

Click here to register!

Angry Ronda Rousey’s Mother: She Needs To Leave “Idiot & Fraud” Coach

Ronda Rousey’s mother still hates her coach. Dr. AnnMaria De Mars recently spoke to Submission Radio and made it clear that she hopes her daughter will move on from her “egomaniac fraud” coach Edmond Tarverdyan.

“I predicted it in advance,” De Mars said of Rousey’s knockout loss. “Ronda trained with an idiot. She trained with an idiot and a fraud. I would be shocked to find out that guy has any record at all. As far as I know, I saw him fight once and he fought somebody that had a record of like 6-20 and won on a split decision. The guy is a fraud. Ronda has a lot of talent. She came into that gym with a very strong background of training at the Olympic level and it carried her a long way."

“She needs to get away from some egomaniac fraud and be herself. Ronda as herself can beat anybody on the planet. I’m sad about it but you become an adult and make decisions. Sometimes you make mistakes and hopefully you learn from them.”

De Mars pointed out that she’s not just another fighter’s mom, she’s actually a former world champion in judo. She joins several other critics in not being impressed by Tarverdyan’s coaching of Rousey during her fight against Holly Holm.

“The difference between me and these other fighters’ moms is that I actually was a world champion,” said De Mars. “I didn’t just make it up and put it on my website. I actually really did compete for 14 years. So when someone is talking about coaching I know if it’s bulls**t and this guy is a complete fraud. It didn’t surprise me for a second."

“I don’t claim to know everything but I know what it takes to win a world championship. I know what good coaching is. I told Ronda more than once, ‘I know what training to beat the world looks like and this isn’t it.'”

De Mars says her daughter has all the talent to defeat Holm in a rematch, but that she needs new coaches to pull it off.

“If she changes gyms she could go dramatically further,” said De Mars. “Even if she was with a good coach I think going to a different place would really improve her. When you’re with someone who wants to keep you from going to other places, that’s a bad coach that doesn’t have your best interests at heart."

Rousey is expected to have a rematch with Holm later this year.

BOW DOWN TO THE KING

***GAME OVER!***

I don't know a lot about Rouseys coaches, but is this guy someone new? I mean she's been beating everyone in front of her in about ten seconds, then she has one loss and suddenly the coach is an idiot and a fraud. Did he coach her for all those other fights when she was unbeaten or is he someone she just switched to?

I would say it doesn't speak well of team Rhonda if he's been her trainer all along and suddenly she loses a match and they call him an idiot and fire him.

It also doesn't speak well of them if they had someone before that led her to an unbeaten record then switched over to him and he sucked. Why did they switch coaches if she was so good?

It just seems Rhonda and company are talking to much. She lost, so instead of coming up with excuses and blaming people maybe she should just get her house in order, train harder and sort things out in the rematch.

Quote Originally Posted by frisco View Post
    I don't know a lot about Rouseys coaches, but is this guy someone new? I mean she's been beating everyone in front of her in about ten seconds, then she has one loss and suddenly the coach is an idiot and a fraud. Did he coach her for all those other fights when she was unbeaten or is he someone she just switched to?

I would say it doesn't speak well of team Rhonda if he's been her trainer all along and suddenly she loses a match and they call him an idiot and fire him.

It also doesn't speak well of them if they had someone before that led her to an unbeaten record then switched over to him and he sucked. Why did they switch coaches if she was so good?

It just seems Rhonda and company are talking to much. She lost, so instead of coming up with excuses and blaming people maybe she should just get her house in order, train harder and sort things out in the rematch.
    It's the same coach she's has since she went professional. People believe that Edmond isn't the striking coach she needs. She was put up against someone who had better boxing skills and was out matched. Ronda's mother was the first American woman to become a Judoka World Champion. She knows the fight world inside and out. Since Ronda started in Judo when she was a kid, her mother had her train with all kinds of different coaches so she could learn different styles and techniques from different trainers.

After what I saw that night, Ronda needs a better strike coach.

BOW DOWN TO THE KING

***GAME OVER!***

Well if I remember Holly Holms was a world class boxer, so if anything maybe the idea of trying to box with her was not a good one. I think its kind of a mistake to blast this coach and make him the scapegoat when she's had a tremendous amount of success under him. How incompetent can he be when a few months ago -- and under his coaching -- Rhonda was considered unstoppable?

It will be interesting to see what happens now that she's got a new coach. I personally would like to see her really struggle, just because she's seemed to have become really arrogant over the last year or so. Maybe success has gotten to her head a little. I think the rematch will be really interesting.

Well if I remember Holly Holms was a world class boxer, so if anything maybe the idea of trying to box with her was not a good one. I think its kind of a mistake to blast this coach and make him the scapegoat when she's had a tremendous amount of success under him. How incompetent can he be when a few months ago -- and under his coaching -- Rhonda was considered unstoppable?

It will be interesting to see what happens now that she's got a new coach. I personally would like to see her really struggle, just because she's seemed to have become really arrogant over the last year or so. Maybe success has gotten to her head a little. I think the rematch will be really interesting.
    I understand. But what it comes down to is her over-all boxing skills. A fight instructor would have taught how to properly bob and weave, which she did not do in the fight with Holly. She doesn't have a new coach, so that's what everyone is having a problem with. He can stay her coach, but they need to bring someone else in to train her how to box, the right way. She's won her fights from her Judo skills, mainly. She did knock out Bethe Correia quickly because she got over taken by Ronda. Once Ronda stepped into the octagon with a world class boxer, shit hit the fan and she was out fought. If she had the proper boxing skills needed, it wouldn't have went the way it did. Not to mention, Dana White never should have let her fight 3 fights in one year. She needed to take the time off after she beat Bethe Correia. But even then, she would lack the proper boxing skills to beat Holly.

BOW DOWN TO THE KING

***GAME OVER!***

I remember hearing she had fired her boxing coach right after the fight. I wasn't sure if she had multiple coaches or what, but evidently that is the case. I do know she fired the one who coaches her in boxing. Hopefully she will bring in a better coach in that area. Regardless if she is going to beat Holm she is going to have to incorporate more of her judo skills and avoid a straight up boxing match. Rhonda is a terrific fighter, but regardless of what coach she gets she will have a really difficult time against Holm in the boxing area. Holm is a forced boxing champion. I think the trick will be to get Holly to fight her fight and not the other way around.

I remember hearing she had fired her boxing coach right after the fight. I wasn't sure if she had multiple coaches or what, but evidently that is the case. I do know she fired the one who coaches her in boxing. Hopefully she will bring in a better coach in that area. Regardless if she is going to beat Holm she is going to have to incorporate more of her judo skills and avoid a straight up boxing match. Rhonda is a terrific fighter, but regardless of what coach she gets she will have a really difficult time against Holm in the boxing area. Holm is a forced boxing champion. I think the trick will be to get Holly to fight her fight and not the other way around.
    She didn't fire anyone. Edmond Tarverdyan is her coach and she's sticking with him. There were reports after the fight that she fired him, but those reports were not true.

BOW DOWN TO THE KING

***GAME OVER!***