Welcome to Universe of Wrestling Forums! Established in 2006!

We hope you enjoy your visits.

To get the full benefits of UOW, please register. It is quick and easy.

Benefits include:
- You can do a lot more on forums than social media sites. - Member only forums.
- Friendly members and staff.
- You lose this welcome at the top of the screen every page.
- A chatbox where you can chat in real time about wrestling or anything else.

A lot more to come as UOW is changing this year.

Click here to register!

Angry UK Wrestler Kris Travis, 32, Loses Battle With Stomach Cancer

Fighting Spirit Magazine editor Brian Elliott broke the unfortunate news that veteran British independent wrestler Kris Travis has passed away due to complications from stomach cancer. He was 32.

It is with deep regret that I write that Kris Travis died this morning. Kris was an FSM Readers' multi-award winner. He will be missed.

— Fighting Spirit Mag (@FSM_Editor) March 31, 2016

As a tribute, FSM’s website has reprinted an article from their October issue that featured a number of UK wrestlers sharing stories about Travis. The Preston City Wrestling website has a tribute blog post written by promoter Steven Fludder, and a number of big names who knew him have expressed their condolences on Twitter:

I only met Kris twice but he made me feel like we’d been friends for years. If I feel this way, I can’t imagine what longtime friends feel.

— Kevin Owens (@FightOwensFight) March 31, 2016

Kris was a great performer and an even better dude. My thoughts are with his family and everyone close to him…Take care of each other, guys.

— Kevin Owens (@FightOwensFight) March 31, 2016

Rest now @RealKrisTravis it was a pleasure knowing/working with you and I pray for your family's strength! #RIPKRISTRAVIS

— Brian G. James (@WWERoadDogg) March 31, 2016

Kristopher Travis was a true inspiration to me. He gave hope to every human being he ever crossed paths with. A true hero. Deeply saddened.

— Vince Russo (@THEVinceRusso) March 31, 2016

Deeply saddened by the news. Kris was a brilliant performer but more importantly a genuine human being. Goodbye friend. #RIPKrisTravis

— NEVILLE (@WWENeville) March 31, 2016

Travis, who would probably be best known for his appearances on TNA’s British Boot Camp reality show, was one of the veterans and top stars of the thriving UK indie scene. He shocked fans and wrestlers throughout the region when he abruptly announced his retirement and diagnosis last year, and while he briefly attempted a comeback, it wasn’t something that he could sustain as the cancer recurred

In the blog entry linked earlier in this post, Preston City Wrestling promoter announced that this weekend’s show (the one hit by the EC3 cancellation controversy we previously reported on will be a tribute to Travis.)

BOW DOWN TO THE KING

***GAME OVER!***

R.I.P