Conor McGregor’s teammate and fellow UFC fighter Gunnar Nelson has a very definite opinion as it relates to McGregor’s future inside the Octagon.

According to Nelson, the reason McGregor doesn’t seem eager to defend his 145 pound title is because of the “nasty” weight-cut necessary to fight in the division.

Nelson spoke about McGregor’s weight issue during an appearance on Monday’s edition of “The MMA Hour”.

“It’s really just up to him, whatever he wants to do. I think that 145 is…I know he can go back down and defend his title, no problem. But I just think he doesn’t want to do that cut again. It’s a nasty one, and I agree with him. I understand that. So I think maybe I would like to see him going to the 155 before going all the way up to the welterweight.”

UFC President Dana White claims McGregor’s next fight will be a 145-pound title unification bout against the winner of the interim title fight at UFC 200 between Jose Aldo and Frankie Edgar.

UFC 200: Cormier vs. Jones II is scheduled for Saturday, July 9, 2016 at the brand new T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada.