Johny Hendricks has been keeping Georges St-Pierre on his mind since the two first met years ago for the UFC welterweight title.

Now a former champion himself, Hendricks is set to collide with Kelvin Gastelum next month at UFC 200.

As reports circulate concerning a return to the Octagon by GSP, “Bigg Rigg” is remaining focused on the task at hand and not buying into it all – just yet.

“No, because I’ve been hearing it for the last two and a half years (laughs),” he told Submission Radio recently. “You know, it’s like every six to eight months he’s said he’s wanting to come back. So after this fight I’ll look more into it, but until the UFC says that he is coming out, it doesn’t peak my interest.

“Cause like I said, it would – I told people that if I had to move to 185 just to fight him, I would do that. But right now, I got two weeks left, two weeks to focus on Gastelum, and in two weeks there’s not going to be that much difference if he does come back or doesn’t. But if he does come back in two weeks, it will be perfect timing for me.”

Hendricks is coming off a loss to Stephen Thompson, who is regarded as the next contender in the welterweight division.