During the UFC Fight Night 94: Poirier vs. Johnson weigh-in show on FOX Sports 1, UFC Welterweight Champion Tyron Woodley made a big announcement.

“The Chosen One” told his FS1 co-hosts Karyn Bryant and former UFC title contender Dan “The Outlaw” Hardy that despite what many may think, he hasn’t been avoiding a fight against dangerous knockout artist Stephen “Wonderboy” Thompson.

Not only is he not dodging the rising contender, he will be defending his newly won UFC 170-pound title against him in his very first defense, which is exactly what most fans thought he was not going to do.

Woodley announced that it will be himself against Stephen “Wonderboy” Thompson inside the Octagon when it graces the center of the legendary Madison Square Garden arena on Saturday, November 12th in the first-ever UFC event to be held in the state of New York.

Dan Hardy brought up some of the beef that has developed since “Wonderboy” Thompson defeated Rory MacDonald and Johny Hendricks in his last two fights. “The Chosen One,” never one shy with his words, immediately fired back with the first shot now that the match is official.

“I wanted to call him ‘Wonder Woman,'” said Woodley. “But the inside of me kept it to myself.”