The headlining matches for New Japan’s final big show of the year “POWER STRUGGLE” were announced.

“POWER STRUGGLE” will see the final major title matches take place before the event card can truly be set for the “WRESTLE KINGDOM 11” show that will take place at the start of the new year.

Five matches have been currently announced for the “POWER STRUGGLE” show at this time, with every main single match seeing New Japan versus L.IJ. in each match.

Elgin will be receiving his rematch for the IC belt in the main event. As he looks to regain the belt and end Naito’s disrespecting of the belt. Elgin aims to showcase the pride that he has in New Japan by defeating the rulebreaker, but at the same time knows that he will have to contend with just more than Naito with L.I.J.’s presence always looming at ringside.

Tanahashi and SANADA will then face off in a singles match in the semi-final bout of the night. Both men have traded a win and loss against one another since the G1 CLIMAX back in August, but now more as at stake as the winner could very well be in the running as the next challenger for the IC belt. Tanahashi has declared that he will main the dome again this year, while SANADA still has much to show in the New Japan ring. Namely holding yet another win over the “ace” of New Japan.

Shibata will be defending the belt against EVIL on the show as well. EVIL made his presence known as a contender by assaulting the champion just after he made a defense of the belt against O’Reilly on the 10/10 show. EVIL aims to do anything possible to become a singles champion in New Japan. Though if Shibata can withstand the L.I.J. attack, NOAH’s Go Shiozaki looks poised to be the challenger at the WK show.

KUSHIDA will also be receiving his rematch against BUSHI. The challenger though received a hell of a beating at the 10/10 show which saw him being carried out on a stretcher after an L.I.J. assault. It is unclear if KUSHIDA will be in the best of condition leading into the match, but BUSHI, much like the rest of L.I.J., will go at great lengths to see themselves at the top of New Japan one way or another.

Below is the announced card at this time…

New Japan Pro Wrestling “POWER STRUGGLE”, 11/5/2016 [Mon] 18:30 @ EDION Arena Osaka, 1st Stadium

(-) Super Jr. Tag Tournament 2016 ~ Final Round Match:

(-) IWGP Tag Championship Match: [72nd Champions] Tama Tonga & Tanga Loa vs. [Challengers] Tomohiro Ishii & YOSHI-HASHI
~ 1st title defense.

(-) IWGP Junior Championship Match: [74th Champion] BUSHI vs. [Challenger] KUSHIDA
~ 1st title defense.

(-) NEVER Openweight Championship Match: [12th Champion] Katsuyori Shibata vs. [Challenger] EVIL
~ 4th title defense.

(-) Special Single Match: Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. SANADA

(-) IWGP Intercontinental Championship Match: [15th Champion] Tetsuya Naito vs. [Challenger] Michael Elgin
~ 1st title defense