MARINE STATIONED AT CAMP PENDLETON COMMENTS ON 'THE MARINE' PREMIERE

I'm a Marine stationed at Camp Pendleton and saw the fliers for the event about a day prior. Marine Corps Community Services (MCCS) put together the fliers and had advertised HBK and Torrie Wilson to be there but they were not present. Maria and HHH were a pleasant surprise. The fliers had advertised the first 500 people to show up to receive a free "The Marine" t-shirt and first 1500 to arrive to receive a wristband BETWEEN 1700-1800 (5-6 PM). Apparently those who showed up at noon were already given the wristbands. They also started giving away the t-shirts at 3 pm.

I arrived at around 4:50 and the place was packed with people wearing the orange wristbands. My kids were upset by the fact that we showed up and didn't receive a gift, but I told them not to worry we'll try to get an autograph and at least we get to see the movie.

Around 5:10 Ric Flair showed up and gave a few Whoo's and said a few things. Maria was in the same limo as Flair and said a few things as well.

HHH arrived and got the crowd to pop louder…even at something like this he is brilliant behind the mic. When he asked sarcastically if everyone knew what was going on tonight, a few Marines yelled out "ECW" which got a smile from HHH.

Now here's where things get interesting. After the welcoming of VIP's was over, I filed my family to the front door of the theatre and appeared to be first in line. We waited for about 30 minutes there while the press interviewed the superstars. After the wrestlers had all gone in there was an announcement that all those wearing a wristband would be allowed in. I knew not everyone would fit which is why I got in front of the line to get in. This was never indicated on the fliers or any press release I had read. Some people, mostly small children, were wearing 4 or 10 wristbands and nothing was said about it. I talked to one of the security guards there and he said the wristbands were gone by around 2 PM. Had I had known this was going to be the situation, I would have shown up at noon to get mine.

The next showing was at 9:30 pm and I was not waiting that long with 4 kids to possibly get turned away again. My kids were upset they didn't get to see the movie and by the fact that some were overzealous with the wristbands. All in all the pre-show festivities were great. Just a lack of communication once again between WWE and MCCS!