SmackDown Women’s Champion Alexa Bliss spoke with The Oakland Press ahead of tonight’s show from Detroit, MI at the Joe Louis Arena. After capturing the gold from Becky Lynch at this month’s Tables, Ladders & Chairs pay-per-view, Bliss says it was an amazing moment she got to enjoy with her parents looking on from the audience.

“It was amazing!” she said. “My parents were there. It was their first WWE event, so that was so cool to be able to have the opportunity to win a title with my family there. It was such an amazing moment, especially in this whole era of women empowering and making history.”

There truly has been a revolution in women’s wrestling over the past year, but Alexa remembers it was not too long ago that WWE had a lot of restrictions on what women were able to do.

“I remember even when I started with WWE, it was a different ball game. There were all these restrictions and things we couldn’t do, and now, it’s really empowering to know we can do anything that we want and what the guys can do. It gives women the opportunity to show why we’re more than divas and why we’re WWE superstars.”

Speaking of Alexa Bliss, she recently spoke to Peter Rosenberg of ESPN, Hot 97 & the Cheap Heat Podcast about her time in NXT, wanting to wrestle Nikki Bella & Trish Stratus and much more. You can listen below: