Michael Bisping is bored and apparently that boredom has led to pain.

The reigning UFC middleweight title holder is recovering from knee surgery and he hasn’t exactly been happy sitting on the sidelines. “The Count” is a 37-fight veteran who is used to staying active. Since his professional MMA career began, Bisping has had at least two fights per year.

After having his most successful year to date with wins over Anderson Silva, Luke Rockhold, and Dan Henderson, the 185-pound champion needed to go under the knife. Bisping recently appeared on UFC Unfiltered to discuss why it has been so difficult to recover from his knee surgery:

“I’m my own worst enemy at times because a week after having the surgery, I was actually sparring with Kendall Grove. Kendall Grove was staying at my house because he had a fight coming up and I wanted to help, but of course I get bored. It was like eight or nine days after the surgery, I went in and did some boxing sparring and the next day my knee was killing (me). So I rested for a few days and then I went and did some bag work and then the next day it was killing (me). So I’ve been taking two steps forward, one step back.”