It's unusual to see two high-profile professional athletes spend so much of their careers around one another. Sure, you can encounter rivals like Leo Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo in soccer, but the careers in golf are so long that even that pales in comparison. Phil Mickelson and Tiger Woods have already spent 21 years on tour together and counting, with more yet to come.

Enter David Feherty, host of Golf Channel's one-on-one interview show "Feherty." He sat down with Mickelson for a two-part interview as part of the show's Season 7 premiere (the first segment airs Monday, March 6 at 9pm ET on Golf Channel), and in it talks to Mickelson about his relationship with Tiger. It's one that has grown over time, Mickelson says, and one that Phil is deeply grateful of.

"When I came out on tour, in 1992, or when I won the Tuscan Open [as an amateur] the purse - the entire purse - and the winners check was $180,000. I remember thinking in the mid 90s, 'I wonder if some day we'll play for a million dollar first-place check. I don't know, probably not in my lifetime, but I hope we do.' And now we do every week, and that's because of Tiger."

He continued.

"I'm so appreciative about what he's done for the game, but in that, he's done as much for me or more for me than anybody else. We're all in this together. We all making our living in golf…we all want to build up the game and build up the product together."