Matt Hardy, fresh off signing a ROH contract, gave an interview with ROHwrestling.com, and revealed what it is about Ring of Honor that keeps bringing him back. This will be Hardy’s third stint in with the promotion. His first was in 2005, after having been released from WWE. Hardy then returned again to the company from 2012-2014.

Now, in 2017, Hardy is at the peak of his popularity and back for another ROH run. When asked what it is that he enjoys about the company, Matt had this to say:

“Ah, yes, my mortal vessel has had a couple of runs in the Honorable Ring (ROH) before I made my return in New York City. Something I’ve always enjoyed about ROH is that they’ve really stripped wrestling down to its true essence. In its essence it’s great athleticism and storytelling and that is what they do better than anyone else. They’re mantra of being the best wrestling on the planet is very true to form. ROH truly does pro wrestling in a modern form better than anyone else right now. I am a wrestling fan still at my core because I inhibit this vessel, so that makes me love ROH.”

The full interview can be found on ROH’s website here.

Exclusive Interview with Matt Hardy https://t.co/OccDJKf9vi pic.twitter.com/2h3B3hPvUU

— ROH Wrestling (@ringofhonor) March 10, 2017

It is not currently known how long of a contract Matt and Jeff Hardy have with ROH. Some speculation is the deal is only a short-term one to keep the Hardys on TV leading up to an eventual return to WWE programming. Others feel the Hardys know they won’t get the same creative freedom they are enjoying now from WWE, and will simply continue their act on ROH programming and indie events for as long as they are able to make good money doing so.