We are saddened to report that Jan Ross, wife of WWE Hall of Famer Jim Ross, has passed away.

A Priest gave my wife Jan her last rites tonight. My little Angel is gone.

— Jim Ross (@JRsBBQ) March 23, 2017

Jan Ross was hit by a car on Monday night while riding a scooter close to their home. She suffered a catastrophic brain injury including multiple skull fractures.

Earlier today, Jim Ross wrote on his blog:

"We were a team in WWE. I was a “coach” and Jan was the best coach’s wife ever. She loved the talents and their spouses, invited them into our home, cooked for them and even did some of their laundry that they would bring over. Some of the Attitude Era’s biggest stars were made to feel welcome in our home over the years thanks to my wife.

She helped me battle thru multiple bouts of depression as a result of the multiple, Bells palsy attacks, my dependence on Ambian, and nursed me to back health after serious, colon surgery that threatened my life and she never complained one time.

This woman loves me more than I’ll ever deserve and simply knowing her has enriched my life to levels that I can never repay."

Our deepest condolences to Jim Ross and his family.

@JRsBBQ Rest In Peace Jan

— Bruce Prichard (@bruceprichard) March 23, 2017

My dear friend @JRsBBQ I remember the night you met Jan in West VA like it was yesterday. We are all here for you in this tragedy. #JanRoss

— Ric Flair® (@RicFlairNatrBoy) March 23, 2017

#JanRoss was my definition of a "cool chick". Always fun to chat with about music & Ill never forget her smile. My prayers to her & @JRsBBQ

— Chris Jericho (@IAmJericho) March 23, 2017

@JRsBBQ My heart hurts for you right now. I am so sorry for your loss, and can't imagine the pain. RIP Jan.

— Eric Bischoff (@EBischoff) March 23, 2017

#JanRoss was ALWAYS very nice to me and Devon. Met her at WWF NY in 2000. My deepest condolences to @JRsBBQ and his family. GOD BLESS.

— Bubba Ray Dudley (@bullyray5150) March 23, 2017

Before bed tonight take a moment of silence for Jan Ross wife of @JRsBBQ who lost her life in a horrible accident. She and JR were a team

— Gbrisco (@Fgbrisco) March 23, 2017

#JanRoss always greeted you w/a smile a laugh & was so much fun to be around
I did so many appearances w/her
Strength to @JRsBBQ
We love you

— Tommy Dreamer (@THETOMMYDREAMER) March 23, 2017

Jan Ross was one of the kindest people I've ever known. The world is a sadder place without her. ?

— Gregory Shane Helms (@ShaneHelmsCom) March 23, 2017