Last fall Vader let his followers on social media know he had been given only 2 years to live by doctors. He would go public with his diagnosis after a 2nd doctor confirmed his chronic heart conditions were life threatening.

Told by 2.heart Drs at this time that my heart is wore out from footbal&wrestling I have 2 yrs to live , conjestive hesrt failure reality

— Big Van Vader (@itsvadertime) November 15, 2016

Since that time however, Vader has been contacted by “wrestler-saver” Diamond Dallas Page, has been posting photos of him losing weight, and has continued to wrestle. Another doctor has since given him a less bleak outlook on his condition.
Vader Collapses After Match

Recently Vader was in Tokyo performing at Korakuen Hall as part of the Fujinami 45th Anniversary show. Reports are that Vader collapsed after the match. Vader clarified on Twitter earlier today.

The main event match@ Koreguen Hall Tokyo in a spot with Fujinamii Iwas dropped on my head which knocked me out giving me a concussion

— Big Van Vader (@itsvadertime) April 21, 2017

It had absolutly nothing to do with my Hearts condition Im in tremendous condition and other than being dropped on my head I feel great

— Big Van Vader (@itsvadertime) April 21, 2017