Will Ospreay shared an interesting fact on social media while doing his taxes recently. The first ever British wrestler to win the Best of the Super Juniors tournament (2016), plans to write-off £10,169.64 in ring-gear related expenses.

"So the tax man is coming again so had to do all my receipts. So I decided to gather up all my receipts for any costume to do with wrestling. From April 2nd 2016 - May 5th 2017. I spent THAT much on wrestling gear."

While his ring-gear expenses seem unusually high, there can be no doubts that Will Ospreay has raised a lot of eyebrows this year. His performance in the Best of the Super Juniors last spring put a jolt into Japan’s junior heavyweight division.

The Ospreay vs. Ricochet match from last year’s tournament is essential viewing for any fan of the division. It caused some controversy however, as the high-spot focussed match drew the ire of many wrestling purists. If you like high-spots however, this match is arguably one of the greatest of all time.

the 23 year-old has been wrestling since 2012, but debuted in both ROH and NJPW last year.