As we previously noted, Impact Wrestling President Ed Nordholm did an interview with LAW earlier this week and stated that The Hardys “Broken” gimmick is unquestionably the property of Impact Wrestling:

“I think it’s unquestionable that the ownership of the characters in the storyline resides in Impact Wrestling,” Nordholm said. “I don’t think even the Hardys would dispute that. They’ve all signed contracts. Their contracts are standard contracts. Not only in the wrestling industry, but in the entertainment industry, generally, the producer of the show owns the content and it doesn’t really matter who in the creative team came up with the idea of what the character should be. The person that owns the storyline and the character is the person who invested to take that idea and put it on TV. That’s what we did. Impact put those characters on TV, and the contracts with those people are indisputably contracts that provide their IP to Impact.”

Head of Impact Wrestling creative, Zeb Colter, recently took to Twitter to thank Nordholm for ‘clearing it up’:

NEWS: Thanks @EdNordholm for clearing it up on @LAWradio. @IMPACTWRESTLING owns BrokenBrilliance IP 100%. No dispute.@RealJeffJarrett

— Dr. Zeb Colter (@DirtyDMantell) May 22, 2017

Reby Hardy responded to these comments by sharing a text message conversation she had with her lawyer over the situation:

Guys. Giving an "interview" to YOUR OWN NETWORK while lying through your teeth is now considered "NEWS:" ??? https://t.co/TCP81KysBW

— Reby Hardy (@RebyHardy) May 22, 2017

No dispute ? Watch ?#TextsWithMyLawyer pic.twitter.com/ouJQy3txVo

Now I'm just annoyed. Which is worse than pissed, trust me. Time to squash the bug.

One-half of the WWE RAW Tag Team Champs, Matt Hardy, chimed in by noting that Senor Benjamin was never paid for his work with Impact Wrestling:

Was in the TNA's top story & NEVER PAID A PENNY, even tho promised.

He NEVAH signed a release to use/air his footage-That isn't legal. #DTO https://t.co/d9CfdSD1ib

— Matt Hardy #DTO (@MATTHARDYBRAND) May 23, 2017