NXT Women’s Champion Asuka recently won her 177th match in NXT, surpassing Bill Goldberg’s fabled 176-0 streak from the glory days of WCW. Both Asuka and Goldberg commented on her accomplishment:

I respect Goldberg so much. He is amazing. I am honored to be the undefeated champion with the longest streak in WWE history. #WWE #WWENXT pic.twitter.com/eOZXIj4NGV

— ASUKA / 明日華 (@WWEAsuka) May 24, 2017

……the "streak" is in very good hands #Congrats RT @WWEAsuka: I respect Goldberg so … https://t.co/MKx7eO1LbG

— Bill Goldberg (@Goldberg) May 25, 2017

Goldberg’s streak, according to WCW storylines, ended at 176-0. In reality, that streak was only 158 wins and he actually lost a non-televised match to Chad Fortune at a WCW Saturday Night taping early in his career. In Goldberg’s autobiography, he stated that management were testing to see how he would react to losing a match, and when he didn’t complain, they continued pushing his undefeated streak.

Asuka has never been pinned or submitted in NXT, but she has been in matches where she didn’t win. In 2016, she didn’t win 3 straight fatal 4-way matches, which were all won by Bayley. She was also in a battle royal she didn’t win.