Marcus Alexander Bagwell, better known to wrestling fans as Buff Bagwell, is retiring. The 47-year old former nWo member plans on touring one more time however. He has sent word to promoters and is currently taking bookings (press release below).

The 47-year old Bagwell has been active on the independent scene the last few years. He toured Australia earlier this year as well. He is currently part of a lawsuit (along with Raven) against WWE for royalties from use of their likeness on the WWE Network.

Buff Bagwell Comments on Career and Retirement:

“BYE BYE BUFF DADDY (1990-2018 Retirement Tour)

Woodstock, GA, May 31, 2018– Approaching his 28th year in the world of professional wrestling and sports entertainment, Marcus “BUFF the STUFF” Bagwell, or as many have referred to him over the years as his entrance music shouts “BUFF DADDY”!!! has made a definitive decision that as of May 2018 he will lace up his boots for the last time and put the block buster to rest.

When asking Buff about the retirement decision he simply said:

‘When going with the Buff Daddy character I knew it was going to be a blessing and a curse.’ The blessing was, it was always an over exaggerated part of me so it was easy and a lot of fun to do, but when you call yourself BUFF!! You better damn sure live it and be in that gym 4-5 times per week.

Going into my 28th year in ring performing and with injuries and a few major surgeries over these last few years I really wanted to end my in-ring career still looking and performing like Buff Bagwell.

Marcus Buff Bagwell is one of the most professional workers currently on the independent wrestling scene. His dedication to the professional wrestling world and the Buff Bagwell character goes unmatched by anyone currently working independent dates. This former 5 time WCW tag team champion and former NWO member is not only a very recognized draw to any promotion throughout the world, but goes above and beyond giving the fans and the promotion an experience to reflect on for many years to come.

Buff will be doing every media outlet, podcast and wrestling news sites over this next year promoting his BYE, BYE BUFF DADDY tour. If you’ve had Buff as a guest or if this would be the first time ever, your show will be filled with surprises as one of the best story telling guest you could ever have.

For booking inquiries on Buff Bagwell, please contact MEP Worldwide Office at (330) 837.1697 or email at Tara@mepworldwide.com.”