New Japan Pro Wrestling (NJPW) is set to do its first-ever G1 Special in the United States on Saturday, July 1st from the Long Beach Convention Center in Long Beach, California. WWE Hall Of Famer Jim Ross will be in attendance to call the action, and he recently participated in a media call to promote the historic event.

During the call, Ross was asked if he has to change his broadcast style for different promotions from what he’d normally do in WWE. Here’s what he had to say:

“Not at all,” Ross said. “You broadcast what you see. In your style. By and large, that’s how I work. It’s especially how I work now. It’s just natural instincts and both companies have been very, very good about allowing me to express myself and to interpret the matches to the very, very best of my ability.”

“There’s no difference,” said Ross. “The product is sometimes different. It’s almost like calling football,” Ross said. “It’s still the game. It’s still wrestling. So for me I watch a wrestling match on my monitor or if I’m live in an arena, which makes it 10 times better, I watch what the cameramen provide me and I describe it accordingly.

“With how I feel, with how the story is progressing and the execution of the talents. All the while you want to put the talents over as best you can. And sometimes it’s best not to say anything and let the crowd provide the lyrics. The wrestlers make the music and the announcers provide the lyrics,” Ross said. “It all starts with the music.”