Welcome to Universe of Wrestling Forums! Established in 2006!

We hope you enjoy your visits.

To get the full benefits of UOW, please register. It is quick and easy.

Benefits include:
- You can do a lot more on forums than social media sites. - Member only forums.
- Friendly members and staff.
- You lose this welcome at the top of the screen every page.
- A chatbox where you can chat in real time about wrestling or anything else.

A lot more to come as UOW is changing this year.

Click here to register!

Angry BREAKING: Austin Aries Released by WWE

WWE announced today that they have released Austin Aries. No other details were made available. Below is their full statement:

"WWE has come to terms on the release of WWE Superstar Austin Aries. WWE wishes Aries the best in all of his future endeavors"

Aries officially signed with WWE in January of 2016 and debuted on NXT on the March 2nd episode. He suffered a large orbital socket injury at the hands of Shinsuke Nakamura during a NXT live event last October which put him out of action for nearly five months. He re-surfaced on the main roster as a commentator for Cruiserweight matches, before making his main roster debut as a Cruiserweight this past March.

Aries went on to challenge Neville for the Cruiserweight Championship at WrestleMania 33 in a pre-show match, which Neville won. Aries' last WWE match was a losing effort against Neville at WWE Extreme Rules on June 4th, 2017. Aries appeared on 205 Live the following week and said that he had been dealing with knee and neck injuries, and has not appeared on WWE television since.

"I've got some stuff going on, but just to be fair you could probably say that for a lot of the locker room," Aries said on Busted Open Radio last month. "It's kind of part of what we do, I don't think anyone is ever 100%. So I got a couple things going on and obviously at this point it might be a good time to take a little break which really could consist of two days to just adjust some of those things, try and get my mind and my body right and then come back and figure out what's gonna be next and what the direction's gonna be."

Aries was scheduled to face Neville at tonight's WWE live event at Madison Square Garden, however was replaced by Cedric Alexander.

Shortly after WWE announced Aries' release, Aries posted the following tweet:

It's a beautiful day.
    — Austin Healy Aries (@AustinAries) July 7, 2017

*Update*
    Wrestling Observer is confirming that Austin Aries did indeed ask to be released.

*Update 2* According to PWTorch, Aries had grown unhappy with being stuck in the Cruiserweight division and saw more potential for himself outside the role he was stuck in on 205 Live. The report also stated that Aries had a bad attitude backstage and that made it easier for WWE to grant him his release. The report also claims that Aries was working through a back injury before asking for his release. Aries will most likely hit the independent wrestling scene in the near future.

BOW DOWN TO THE KING

***GAME OVER!***

That's a shocker.
    Wwe messes up again.

Quote Originally Posted by LG View Post
    That's a shocker.
    Wwe messes up again.
    I can't wait to hear the bullshit excuse for his release.

BOW DOWN TO THE KING

***GAME OVER!***

Word going around is that Aries asked for his release .. not confirmed. If so, xould be due to injuries he has suffered. He did have time off for a while due to injuries. He wrestled at the Tokyo shows though.