Its been almost a year since Ryback departed from WWE, as “The Big Guy” cited creative differences and a dispute with the company over equal pay for talents as his key reasons for deciding to leave. Since his departure, Ryback has been working the independent circuit in addition to launching his new podcast, Conversation With The Big Guy, in which he discusses his time with WWE.

On the latest edition of the show, Ryback discusses his relationship with CM Punk and why “The Cult Of Personality” grew to dislike him so much. He also revealed that one thing he always did that got “The Chairman Of The Board” Vince McMahon hot, was go off-script:

“I got in trouble multiple times for doing things much less… just like, off-the-cuff that got great reactions that Vince would get mad at because that wasn’t verbatim off the page. When people always say, ‘these guys need to go off the script,’ they don’t understand it depends who you are at times. That hurt me more than anything on promo stuff. And he would get furious with me at that. It was disappointing because it was never a lot.”