TMZ reported earlier today that WWE superstar Chris Jericho was involved in a verbal altercation in New York City. Jericho was part of a tribute show on Friday night to honor David Z, bassist for Tran-Siberian Orchestra and Adrenaline Mob who tragically passed recently. David Z was in an RV with the rest of the members of Adrenaline Mob that got a flat tire and they pulled to the side of the road. While changing the flat tire, another car then veered off the road and struck the RV and the van attached to the RV that was carrying the band’s equipment.

The altercation happened after the event. Fans approached Jericho outside and asked him for autographs. Jericho originally obliged but grew frustrated when some fans became aggressive with their requests.

This lead to the altercation in question, a fan allegedly tried congratulating Jericho on a recent WWE match and Jericho’s response was….not so PG. Check it out below.

Jericho issued the following apology to TMZ after they released video of the verbal altercation:

“David Z was a good friend of mine and I was mentally and emotionally shattered after paying tribute to him and essentially saying goodbye to him Friday night. I was not in a good state of mind at that time and instead of ignoring a pushy (aka rude) fan which is what I would usually do, I snapped. My apologies to all involved and God bless David Z.”