Dave Meltzer noted on a recent episode of Wrestling Observer Radio that he believes that Baron Corbin is not ready to become WWE Champion. Meltzer stated that Corbin was getting a push because of WWE’s “fetish with tall guys” and that Corbin needed to improve his promos.

Here is what Meltzer said on Wrestling Observer Radio:

“I’m not saying Baron Corbin should never get pushed down the line or anything like that if he improves, that is fine. But him as World Champion now, at least with Jinder there’s an excuse but Baron Corbin it’s just like it’s their freaking fetish with tall guys. It is like, what has he done? What great matches has Baron Corbin had with anybody? You know, nothing. What great promos has he done?

His promos suck. Has he improved? Yes, he’s improved a lot. Yes, he can be in a tag team main event when he’s in there with AJ Styles and Sami Zayn and do his part? Yes, yes he’s okay there with Kevin Owens as a partner. Can he be a bully to Sami Zayn in an undercard match and have an average undercard match? Yes, he can. That’s not a World Champion”

Corbin reacted to a tweet by WrestlingNews.co that quoted Meltzer:

What matches and promos has Dave meltzer done. Ohh none! He is a old man who could never do what anyone on the roster can or could.

— Baron Corbin (@BaronCorbinWWE) August 10, 2017

Meltzer and Corbin then had the following exchange on Twitter:

You where blocked while I was in nxt. Now you're free to say what ever to me

Up your insult game to 2017. The never took a bump is from 1982, 90% of the guys running your company never did either, VKM didn't till 52.

— Dave Meltzer (@davemeltzerWON) August 11, 2017

Not at all. But you can't comment on the actors ability unless you have done it before or at least tried.

Think before tweeting. By that logic, your boss had no right to judge anyone in wrestling until 1998. Muchnick never had the right.

— Dave Meltzer (@davemeltzerWON) August 11, 2017