Drew McIntyre recently spoke with Brian Fritz of Sporting News to promote this Saturday’s NXT Takeover: Brooklyn III special on the WWE Network. McIntyre is scheduled to challenge Bobby Roode for the NXT Championship at the upcoming event. Here are the highlights:

Headlining NXT Takeover: Brooklyn III:

“This is what, pretty much, my entire career has led to,” McIntyre recently told Sporting News. “So, no pressure. The 17 years, the 10 years of being in America, the past three years of building my brand and my return back home. It’s the biggest match of my life and I can say 100 percent I am ready for this. I’m excited to steal the show and have people talking about this match for a long time. I’m ready to bring something special and, as I’ve said before, we have a silent competition with ‘SummerSlam’ the next night and competition is very healthy for everybody. We’re looking to put on a show that will have people talking.”

WWE calling him the “Chosen One” during his first stint with the company:

“He [Vince McMahon] saw something in me when I was younger that I didn’t necessarily see myself and maybe others didn’t see which is a pretty cool feeling,” said McIntyre. “And finally, years later, after all the things I’ve been through and growing up, I think, finally, now it’s starting to materialize and everyone is starting to see what he saw back in the day. He had that kind of faith in me and saw something in me that he was willing to endorse me in that way and perhaps it just took a minute and took a few life experiences to actually bring out what he saw.”