Gail Kim spoke to Brian Fritz of Sporting News and below are some highlights from the interview:

Vince McMahon not liking women’s wrestling:

My honest opinion, and this is only my opinion and I don’t know this as fact, I just think Vince McMahon did not like women’s wrestling. With this whole revolution that happened in WWE these past couple of years, it’s because of the fans. Remember they were saying “Give Divas a Chance” that it got to the point where Vince is like OK, I’m going to give them a chance. It was really truly Hunter (Triple H) who created all these great girls in NXT. It wasn’t Vince. It’s almost like, thank God Hunter did it so that Vince could see the reaction that these girls were getting in NXT. Then it was OK, let’s jump on the bandwagon and let’s make it happen. I think he was never a fan of women’s wrestling whether he had talented girls or not and he didn’t want to watch that.

Being involved backstage after her in-ring career is over at the end of 2017:

We’ve already started that process and I’m going to continue with that. (She now works in a behind the scenes role as an agent for the women’s division.) I love helping the girls. I want to help rebuild this division to where it has the potential to go. I’m very invested, I’m very dedicated and passionate about the division and the company.

On taking a moment to pause before her matches:

Not with the taping schedule we have. (laughs) It’s very overwhelming so when I’m at work, I’m kind of running around like a chicken with its head cut off. But I think, for my last match when it starts coming near the very, very end, I definitely will. Who knows how I will react that last match. I just don’t know.