Legendary wrestling announcer Tony Schiavone is returning to the broadcast booth at MLW: One-Shot October 5th and will be calling the action along with former NXT lead announcer Rich Bocchini. Justin Barrasso of Sports Illustrated broke the news on Monday afternoon.

This will be Schiavone’s first time calling a pro wrestling event since 2001, when he and Jerry Lawler worked a series of tapings for the short-lived XFW promotion that launched shortly after the demise of WCW.

“I’m really excited to return, and the reason I am so excited is because I respect what these wrestlers do,” said Schiavone. “I’ve seen enough independent shows to know how hard these wrestlers work, how much effort and time they put into their craft, and how much they respect the business.”

Schiavone noted that he’s particularly excited to call the matches of MLW: One-Shot competitors Ricochet, Sami Callihan, and Jeff Cobb.

“My job at One-Shot is to go out there and enhance the talent,” Schiavone said. “I want to share my excitement to shine a light on the talent. I’m going to take the time to meet them all, get to know them, and make sure they’re treated on the air like the stars they are.”

Currently announced for Major League Wrestling’s One-Shot event:

MAIN EVENT:

– Ricochet vs. Shane “Swerve” Strickland

– MVP vs. Sami Callihan

– Jeff Cobb vs. TBA

Schiavone hosts the popular What Happened When? podcast every Monday alongside Conrad Thompson. WHW is part of the MLW Radio network and can be heard on iTunes, Spotify, Google Play, Stitcher and more.