UK TV Channel FreeSports has announced that controversial promotion 5 Star Wrestling will be broadcasting live on the platform throughout 2018.

You may remember 5* being in the news earlier this year when owner Daniel Hinkles offered CM Punk $1 Million dollars to compete in their 128-man tournament which has since been postponed.

To further add to the confusion and controversy, highly rated UK promotion Preston City Wrestling (PCW) were reportedly in talks with FreeSports before this was announced.

Unfortunately after months of #FreeSports pursuing PCW for the channel & many assurances we regret to inform all the Freesports deal is off

— PCW UK WRESTLING (@PCW_UK) September 7, 2017

Several big names in UK wrestling have slated the move, going so far as to say that it is hugely detrimental to the progress that the UK scene has enjoyed over the past few years.

We will have weekly live free shows from the UK promotion @5StarWrestling starting in 2018 from major arenas throughout the UK. pic.twitter.com/3sLEi0Ad87

— FreeSports (@FreeSportsUK) September 7, 2017

https://t.co/KkkXfZFw73

Freesports signs deal with 5 Star.

''offered CM Punk £1 million'' is more important than ''cancelled 11 dates''

— MaffewBotchamaniaGuy (@Maffewgregg) September 7, 2017

British wrestling is at its hottest right now thanks to the promoters putting in the hard work and actual five star talent.

— Jack A. Gallagher (@GentlemanJackG) September 7, 2017

5 Star Wrestling are the Poochie of the British scene.

— El Ligero (@Ligero1) September 7, 2017

I've changed my mind. With reasoning like this, the 5?? TV deal is a sure fire winner! @FreeSportsUK, you the real MVP! pic.twitter.com/e6RK5TVezd

— Jimmy Havoc (@JimmyHavoc) September 7, 2017

Me, Jon and Glen have worked hard. Most other promoters work hard. Don't insist you've "worked hard" by cancelling dates, you shower.

— Jim Smallman (@jimsmallman) September 7, 2017