Former WWE Champion Edge recently took to he and former WWE Tag Team Championship partner Christian’s podcast, E&C’s Pod Of Awesomeness, to discus his first Money In The Bank cash-in at the 2006 New Years Revolution pay-per-view (PPV) on John Cena. Cena had just gotten through defending his title in a grueling Elimination Chamber match-up, before Vince McMahon came out to announce that Edge was cashing-in his contract, and Cena would have to prepare for a one-on-one match with “The Rated R Superstar” for the WWE Title.

Edge would go on to win the WWE Title, sparking the beginning of his epic feud with the former Tag Team Champ. Edge discussed he and Vince McMahon’s interaction before the cash-in took place, and revealed what “The Chairman Of The Board” told him before the epic moment:

"Prove me right, prove me right because he was the only one that was in my corner. Everybody else either thought it was too soon, after 9 years with the company [laughs]. Or didn’t think it was going to work or whatever”

Edge stated that McMahon’s words were extremely motivating, and he felt as if he was ready to ‘chew the world apart’:

“Hearing that right about when I’m [about to cash-in], I was ready to chew the world apart”