Former ROH World Champion Davey Richards announced on Sunday that he will soon be undergoing knee surgery and must cancel his upcoming bookings through the remainder of the year as a result.

The “Lone Wolf” revealed that he’s been battling knee issues for over a decade, but won’t let this roadblock derail his career. He’s committed to rehabilitating the knee post-surgery and will take the proper time off so he can return 100%.

Richards posted the following on Twitter on Sunday:

“I can’t apologize enough to everyone but I have to cancel my remaining bookings for 2017. I am going to need surgery on [my] right knee. I’ve always been someone who has bore my heart inside of the ring and “kept it real” with the fans. I’ve been known to, as you call it, “no show” events. Truth is (no excuse) I’ve been battling knee issues since 2006 when I tore my knee the night before my first ROH match. Cortisone shots, anti-inflammatory drugs, Stem Cell therapy, hyperbaric chambers, etc. have kept me able to perform this long, but not anymore.

“I’ve given my life to wrestling since I was 10 and honestly if all I have is a bum knee I am thankful. But I refuse to let it end like this. I’m going to take the proper time off [to] get the correct surgery and rehab. I hope to return to make good on the events I haven’t been able to perform at [because] of my knee. I always prided myself on being a wrestler’s wrestle and if I couldn’t give you [100 percent] I didn’t want to waste your time. Perhaps foolish pride. But that’s me. Anyways – thank you for reading. I love you all and love this great sport and hope to return to it and give you your money’s worth. Thank you.”