Silas Young recently spoke with James Walsh on the most recent episode of Interactive Wrestling Radio to talk about various topics. Here are the highlights:

His Last Man Standing match with Jay Lethal at Death Before Dishonor:

“Absolutely. Jay Lethal is a guy who has been all around the world, he’s traveled, he’s done a lot! I’m just there to prove that I’m just as good if not better than Jay Lethal. I’m excited to show the fans, the wrestling world, that I’m the guy they should be looking at.

His brief stint in WWE developmental:

“I never was really in the developmental system. I did a week-long thing in OVW when they had a developmental system there. But, I never actually got to join the developmental program because my contract was basically reneged on before I was able to finish the whole hiring process. At the time, OVW had the developmental contract and at the time of signing the paperwork, OVW basically had their developmental contract taken away from them by WWE. I was told, “Sorry, we won’t be following through on your contract.” It was like I had the offer of the opportunity and then had the worst time ever because of them taking it away because of the closing of OVW. Even with that said, the WWE developmental system ahs grown, and grown, and grown over the years. They have the huge performance center, nutritionists, personal trainers, promo rooms…. All these different things, all these good things that I’ve heard about and that guys have told me about. It just seems like they’ve put a lot into the developmental system just letting it grow and grow.”

What makes ROH stand out from the rest:

“That’s a good thing to ask. I don’t know what it is. I think it is the fact of how the company started. It started out as just this pure wrestling company. It started out as just a guy, or a handful of guys, that had an idea and really wanted to bring something back that was special and different. The way it has just grown over the last 15, 16 years… I think that’s what it is! It’s the fact that it wasn’t supposed to be anything and the fans and the wrestling world have taken it over and it has become something big. I think that’s what it is. I think it was something that was not supposed to be #2. But, it grew into that.”