Chris Jericho appeared on the Metal Injection Squared Circle Pit podcast this week to promote his new book, No Is A Four Letter Word.

Topics discussed include Jericho’s vision of how to be successful, the success of Fozzy’s ‘Judas’ album, his own podcast, his latest run in WWE (including the legendary Festival of Friendship), his “Rock and Wrestling” cruise scheduled for next year and more.

Last week, WWE producer Jimmy Jacobs left the company after posing with the Bullet Club during their recent invasion of RAW. Shortly after Jacobs’ exit, former WWE head writer Tom Casiello gave a glowing endorsement of Jacobs and revealed he was the creative mind behind Chris Jericho’s “The List” gimmick.

On the Squared Circle Pit podcast, Jericho spoke about working with Jimmy Jacobs in WWE. Jericho explains he wanted Jacobs working on every single on of his promos, but understands WWE was put in a bad position by his recent actions.

“Jimmy’s good and if I was there I would’ve tried to help him out, but it’s not the smartest of moves. If I work at McDonalds and post a picture of me hanging out with guys from Wendy’s and hashtag ‘Wendy’s is great’, McDonalds might not be too happy about it – so you can’t just say it’s the business.”

“I think Jimmy’s a smart guy and maybe wouldn’t surprise me if he knew something was going to happen. Maybe he was getting sick of it, I don’t know. I just know as soon as I saw that picture, I was just like ‘ooof,’ with the hashtag ’BCInvasion’ or ‘YBInvasion’ or whatever it was – you can’t do that, man. I mean, you can’t.”

Was it a fireable offense? Well, it’s not my decision, obviously Vince thought it was, which tells me there was probably some other stuff going on and that was the final straw.”

“And I will say this, last year, 2016… Jimmy Jacobs was my co-writer on all of it. All of it! And the weeks he wasn’t there I was like ‘Ah f***, I don’t like this, I want Jimmy here.’ So he’s very talented, and he really got me. I worked with him a few times and I went to [head writer] Dave Kapoor, ‘I want Scoville’, which is his real name, Chris Scoville, ‘on every Jericho promo. No one else.’ Because that’s how much I trusted his talent, his instincts.”