Johnny Mundo recently appeared on X-Pac 12360 to talk about various topics. Here are the highlights:

Facing Eli Drake at Bound For Glory:

“I am really excited about Impact and I got Bound for Glory coming up, it’s me versus Eli Drake for the Impact title…I think that from the first taping in Orlando that I was at, to the last day; I feel like I saw his wrestling evolve. His mic work evolve, his confidence shot through the roof and he’s doing a really good job of carrying the brand of Impact on his shoulders right now. There’s a couple times we hung out and got food after the tapings and he busted his ass in the business for years and years and a lot of people don’t realize that. I can’t say enough good things about Eli Drake.”

Reuniting with Joey Mercury:

“Amazing! First of all, I’m jealous. He’s in better shape than I have…Did you see his abs? I was supposed to be the abs guy in the team. He’s got me beat, it was cool. I think that’s one of the cool things in wrestling. We had such a crazy career, the two of us. We we’re like best friends for 2yrs. We traveled together, we rode together, we wrestled together, like every show for 2yrs. He got let go, I stayed, he came back. We traveled together for a few months and got let go again. He came back as an agent and we had this long-term friendship. APW, in San Francisco, was the first time we tagged together in 10 years. It was super fun and it felt like we picked up where we left off. All the MNM references and our timing. It was cool, I look forward working with Mercury.”