WWE Hall Of Famer Bret Hart spoke with Sam Roberts for the Sam Roberts Wrestling Podcast last week and we’ve got some more highlights from the discussion.

Bret revealed that he approached Vince McMahon and Triple H about becoming a WWE writer a few years ago, but they never took him up on the offer because he wasn’t interested in being on the road full time. He offers to fly in for TV each week, but never heard back from them about it.

“I hesitated on that for a long time; it was about four years ago I went up to them and threw the ball at them, made that pitch that I would give them ideas and help with the writing of the shows, creation of the matches and how storylines would go and so forth. I think I would be really good for them, but I sort of made the offer, but the way it was thrown back at me was about the schedule; I was letting them know that I didn’t want to be on the road everyday but that I could fly in for TV, and I think I left with letting them know that I can fly in for TV and never heard from them. Vince and Triple H thanked me for the offer and we left it at that.”

Since being a full-time road agent isn’t in the card for him, Bret said he’s interested in working at the Performance Center and helping out with NXT.

“It could be figured, and worked out. It’s not impossible. I can go anywhere. Sometimes a change of scenery might be fun, but I’m also very happy where I am at. I have a beautiful house, and life, but you know, working on Monday Night Raw might sound good for me, but realistically maybe they need more; they look at their agents: Mike Rotunda, Arn Anderson, whoever they are, they’re on the road all the time with all that consistency and commitment, and I don’t really have that which is why I most likely haven’t gotten a call. I want to be a helper but don’t want to give my life away for it.”

Finally, the Hitman commented on WWE blowing through high profile matches on television each week with little to no build-up. With WWE loading up the cards for RAW and SmackDown every week and fans having seen virtually all potential matchups, he’s not surprised why tickets don’t move like they used to and attendance is down across the board.

“I liked the way it worked before where they kept you away from each other until you had the match. Now, I notice on RAW they are wrestling the same match that they would have on the pay-per-view, so now it’s no wonder that their tickets for SummerSlam weren’t going so briskly as they would have liked because people have already seen it.”