WWE Hall of Famer Sting was recently interviewed by Al Arabiya to promote the release of WWE 2K18. In addition to hyping the game, Sting spoke about Seth Rollins being one of WWE’s top in-ring performers, his character’s evolution throughout the years, WWE embracing WCW history with Starrcade and WarGames and more.

Sting spoke about his relationship with Vince McMahon, which goes back a lot farther than many people are aware of. Sting had on and off discussions with Vince about joining WWE dating back to the early 90’s all the way through the Monday Night Wars and after. He had several opportunities to jump ship to WWE during the prime of his career, but revealed why it didn’t happen until 2014.

“In the early years I always felt that [Vince] wanted me to undermine WCW as the number one reason. The number two reason was to have me on his roster. I didn’t want it to be that way. Maybe I was wrong. Then in later years, when I made a phone call and said, hey have you turned the page? The rest is history. He’s just treated me fantastic, every step of the way. Really, everybody has.”

A dream match that fans speculated about for years was Sting vs. The Undertaker. That ship has sailed and fans will have to play WWE 2K18 to see these two in the ring together. Sting was well aware that a match against The Undertaker would be big business and says he actually spoke to the Dead Man several years back about the possibility. For whatever reason, The Undertaker just wasn’t interested.

“We’ve had a brief conversation, and I just told him, I said, man, I just always wanted to have that match. It wasn’t necessarily reciprocated so I’m not sure where he stands or if he had any interest at all, to be quite honest. But I did. I don’t mind saying.”